Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Update on the iTero Evaluation

We have been working with the Cadent iTero for a month now. Since we began working with the device in early January, I have only taken one conventional vinylpolyether impression and that was on an unusual case. All other fixed prosthetic cases have been imaged and fabricated using the digital impression technology.

Results at this point have been outstanding. The cases we have sent out have had the occasional deep subgingival margin which has been created exactly. With those cases we've used a diode laser to better expose the margin.

Fit and accuracy have been better than with traditional means and seating appointments are less involved. We have used it with all ceramic and PFM restorations and have had equally good results with each.

One of the biggest advantages has been in workflow. The imaging is fast and easy which allows us to be more productive with a lower degree of stress.

We've also had tremendous feedback from patients who are impressed with both the technology and the fact that we've done away with the impression. I realized today I've only taken one impression in over a month and I haven't missed it a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment