I just got word on Monday that in the not too distant future (meaning soon) I'll be evaluating the Kavo QuatroCare Plus handpiece maintenance system.
For those of you not familiar with it, the device is a self contained lubrication and cleaning unit that does all of the pre-sterilization handpiece tasks automatically. You basically attach your handpieces to the unit and it performs all functions that need to be taken care of internally to assure your handpieces are ready for their next use.
Let's face it, like it or not, the handpiece is pretty much the heart and soul of most dental practices and we rely on them tremendously. They also go through quite a lot when you consider the stresses they are under both from clinical applications as well as from sterilization cycles. The QuatroCare Plus ensures proper internal maintenance to help keep your repair costs down.
Here's what Kavo has to say about it:
Benefits of Dental Maintenance with KaVo
- Time consuming and expensive individual maintenance and handpiece repair
- Extensive staff training and complaints
- Guesswork and cutting corners
- Oily mess
- Handpiece repair and maintenance headaches
- Consistent and extremely efficient dental maintenance of up to four handpieces on one cycle - with the push of a button
- Enormous time, and therefore cost, savings for your dental office
- Protection of your valuable handpiece investment
- New chuck care feature
I'm excited to get this one going as it seems like we've been dealing with more handpiece repairs lately. I'll be providing more info, once we get the test rolling.