- Periodontal Soft Tissue Root Coverage Procedures: Managing gingival recession based on current evidence with a primary outcome goal of complete root coverage
- Periodontal Soft Tissue Non-Root Coverage Procedures: Assessing the need for gingival augmentation procedures (non-root coverage) around natural teeth
- Intrabony Defects: Periodontal regenerative strategies for the management of intrabony periodontal defects
- Furcation Defects: How periodontal furcation defects should be managed via periodontal regenerative therapy and what parameters should be used for treatment selection
- Emerging Regenerative Approaches for Periodontal Reconstruction: Can emerging technologies for periodontal regeneration become clinical reality?
The workshop was spearheaded by an AAP-designated organizing committee, co-chaired by William Giannobile, DDS, MS, DMSc, and Pamela McClain, DDS. The American Academy of Periodontology Foundation, Geistlich Pharma North America, Colgate-Palmolive, and the Osteology Foundation partnered with the AAP to provide support of the workshop’s programming.